A spectacularly sustainable swimwear special!
1. Vitamin A – these guys are my number on choice for sustainable swimwear because they’ve absolutely nailed the style and sustainability DO go together thing! My top two choices from here are the Neutra Bralette in Eco Peach and the Jaydah Braid Triangle bikini in Eco Seafoam. Be warned: you could literally spend hours on here trying to decide which one you like best!
2. Reformation – My go-to for any type of sustainable clothing, their swimwear is just as desirable! In-line with the current off-shoulder fashions, the Flamingo Bikini is super cute (also comes in black). The Monte Carlo bikini is a little different and a wonderfully flattering
3. AURIA – A London-based brand, started in 2013 by Diana Auria. AURIA aim “to keep our values strong with fresh, fun and contemporary design, all the while maintaining integrity and putting environmental and social responsibility at the heart of the brand.” Favourites from here are the Silver Spoon x AURIA marble bikini or the red Baywatch One-Piece (obvs).
4. Kiini – This brand has all their products handmade by fairtrade artisans, using traditional techniques and bright colours the brand aims to encapsulate a bohemian vibe whilst being ethical and sustainable. The Flor Crochet bikini is my favourite or the Tasmin Crochet swimsuit, both available from Net-A-Porter in the UK.
5. Elle Evans – an Australian brand that also makes all their swimwear from Econyl, which is recycled nylon. This material created from pre- and post-consumer waste, such as dicarded fishing nets and it uses 80% less energy in production than virgin lycra. The Reversible Palm Print Island bikini or Reversible Papaya Orange bikini the Although an Aussie brand, there’s a flat rate international shipping fee of $14 which given the longevity of the product, and the fact you get two in one as they’re reversible, isn’t bad!