Homemade Ice-Cream. Yes, in winter, genius right?!
I am not a fan of all the Valentine’s Day hype, I don’t believe that romance and love should be displayed just for one day by 10 chocolates for which the box cost you more than the actual treat. I’m not disputing with people who like to indulge in this however, it’s just not for me. Go on, tell me I’ve a heart of stone, it won’t be the first time I’ve heard it.
What I AM a fan of however, is making people happy. And ice cream makes people happy. I’m telling you, this ice cream is going to make people SO happy you’ve no idea, AND it’s going to make you especially happy as it needs only 4 ingredients and no churning! 🎉
Wanna have a go? Thought so…
- 600ml double cream
- Half of a 397g tin of condensed milk (the other half you can eat with a spoon directly from the tin if you don’t tell anyone)
- A teaspoon of vanilla essence or paste
- 100g dark chocolate chopped roughly
- Once you’ve got all this together, pour all the cream into a bowl, spoon the condensed milk and vanilla on top and whisk until it’s fairly thick, about the consistency of clotted cream or buttercream icing.
- Then, add your rough chopped chocky, leaving a handful for sprinkling on top, and mix it all in.
- Plop into your tin or Tupperware, sprinkle the remaining chocolate on top and cover with cling film.
- FREEZE! For at least 24 hours, and then eat it all in one sitting 😀 with your partner, obviously…. it’s Valentine’s Day after all.