Cold miserable nights seem pretty endless at the moment and long old days at work where you’re still not leaving in even a smidge of daylight call for hearty warming dinners. I’m telling you, this toad-in-the-hole is winner winner sausage dinner and another super easy recipe.
What you need:
- Sausages! I used pork and leek.
- 150g Gluten free plain flour
- 300ml milk
- 3 eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to do it:
- Preheat a fan oven to 190°
- Cook your sausages til they’re lightly browned on the outside, either on the George Foreman if you have one or under the grill
- Meanwhile sieve the flour into a jug (or bowl but the jug is easier for pouring later) and crack your 3 eggs in too
- Use a fork or whisk to mix the flour and eggs til you have a thick paste-like mixture
- Add the milk a little at a time, mixing as you go until you have a runny liquid – use more or less milk if you need to. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour a dessert spoonful of olive oil into the oven dish you want to use and pop it in the oven until the oil is hot (should only be 3-5 mins)
- When the sausages are browned, put them into the oven dish, spaced out evenly
- Stir your batter mix and pour around the sausages
- Put into the oven for 20 mins or until the batter is risen, browned and crispy on top
- Do loads of veg and one of those Kallo gluten-free gravy sachets (a CarbonNeutral® product by the way) and enjoy!